Brian joined Advantage Trust Company in 1998. Brian obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Business from Bethany College in 1992. Brian graduated with honors from the Cannon Financial Institute Trust School and attained his certification as a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor in 2000. Upon joining Advantage Trust Company, Brian rose to his current position of President & CEO. Prior to joining Advantage Trust Company, Brian worked for other financial institutions in the Salina area as a commercial lender. Brian and his wife Cheri have two sons. One is a police officer and resides in Salina. The other recently graduated from Fort Hays State University and resides in Salina. In his free time Brian enjoys anything outdoors, watching a good ball game, and playing with his grandson, Hudson.
1998 – PresentADVANTAGE TRUST COMPANY, Salina, Kansas
- Currently holds title of President & CEO
- Responsibilities include overall management of the trust company, account administration, and business development
1997THE BANK OF TESCOTT, Salina, Kansas
- Held title of Assistant Vice President – Loan Officer
- Responsibilities included originating and servicing all types of loans, including but not limited to commercial, residential, agricultural and personal.
1995-1997BANK IV / BOATMEN’S / NATIONSBANK, Salina, Kansas
- Held title of Assistant Vice President – Commercial/Agricultural Loan Officer
- Originated and serviced agricultural and commercial loans with a committed portfolio in excess of $5 million. Credits ranging from $1,000 to $1,250,000.
1995CITIZENS NATIONAL BANK, Concordia, Kansas
- Held title of Trust Officer
- Established working relationships with clients in handling daily requests and needs which included selecting and maintaining proper investments.
1992-1995BANK IV, Wichita and Salina, Kansas
- Held titles of Officer Trainee, Credit Analyst, Credit Administrator and Commercial Loan Officer.
- Responsibilities ranged from gaining a working knowledge of all departments within BANK IV through the Officer Trainee Program to analyzing and making credit decisions as a Loan Officer.
Nov 2000Institute of Certified Bankers
- Obtained Certification as a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor through the Institute of Certified Bankers
Nov 2000CANNON FINANCIAL INSTITUTE – Trust School
- Graduated with honors by completing the following schools:
- Personal Trust Fundamentals, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, May 1998
- Personal Trust I, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, August 1999
- Personal Trust II, Scottsdale, Arizona, August 2000
- Personal Trust III, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, November 2000
1988-1992BETHANY COLLEGE, Lindsborg, Kansas, B.A., Economics-Business
- Obtained concentrations in Finance and Management
- Graduated “Magna Cum Laude”
- Compiled overall G.P.A. of 3.87 on a 4.00 scale
- Faculty Merit Scholar
- Dean’s Scholar
- Participated in Intercollegiate Baseball and Business Club
1984-1988BELLEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, Belleville, Kansas
2002-Present THE SALINA ROTARY CLUB
- 2014-15 Club President/Board Member
- 2004-05 Rotary International District #5670 – Treasurer
2016-Present SALINA REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
- Board Member and Board Chairman
- Chairperson of numerous committees
2010-2013THE SALINA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Economic Development Corporation – Committee Member
1999-2008SALINA AREA UNITED WAY
- Allocation Committee 1999-2002; Chairperson 2002
- Executive Committee Member 2002, 2007, 2008
- Agency Relations Committee Chairperson 2005
- Board Member 1999-2008
- Treasurer 2007-2008
- Class Member/Participant
1995-2001SALINA CHILD CARE ASSOCIATION
- Board Member